Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is “CASE the Catalog” so the Design Team chose a card from the new Annual Catalog and has CASEd it with their own creative twist. We really hope that you are inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
This month’s theme was new for me. I love looking through the Stampin’ Up catalog but I have not CASEd the catalog before. I actually decided on the stamp set first, then looked at the catalog to see if there was a card or project to case and if I had the supplies. As you can see in the picture below, the project from the catalog was a square and I decided to make a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ card. I also decided to change up the colors and a few elements.
I started by stamping the image on a piece of Basic White cardstock and then trimming it to a square. I then trimmed a piece of Balmy Blue cardstock to about the same size. I colored the image with some of the Natural Tones Stampin’ Blends as well as Basic Black (hair), Daffodil Delight (hair), Balmy Blue (shirt), Mango Melody (shirt) and Soft Sea Foam (shirt). As you can see, I actually created two cards almost identical except for the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment on Soft Sea Foam using Mango Melody ink. I also ran a piece of the Mango Melody cardstock through the Cut n’ Emboss Machine in the Brick & Mortar Embossing Folder. I can’t forget the heart I cut from Blushing Bride using the Give It A Whirl dies.I then started adhering everything with either Tombow Dual Tip Multipurpose liquid glue or Stampin’ Seal. I then added a few Classic Matte Dots for some muted bling!
I hope you like the two versions of the card that I CASEd from the catalog p64. I am thinking it would be nice to blend some ink onto the white card base but maybe I should save that until next month. You can leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on July 13th. Our theme will be “Create Your Own Background” when our Design Team creates a background using any technique they wish, such as stencils, stamping, watercolor, embossing but not DSP.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Stronger Together stamp set
- 8 1/2″ x 11″ Basic White Thick Cardstock
- 8 1/2″ x 11″ Mango Melody Cardstock
- 8 1/2″ x 11″ Balmy Blue Cardstock
- 8 1/2″ x 11″ Blushing Bride Cardstock
- Mango Melody Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
- Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder
- Classic Matte Dots
- Give It A Whirl Dies
- Basic Black Stampin’ Blend
- Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend
- Soft Sea Foam Stampin’ Blend
- Mango Melody Stampin’ Blend
- Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blend
- Stampin’ Blends Medium Light Combo
- Stampin’ Blends Medium Deep Combo
- Stampin’ Blends Light Combo
- Stampin’ Blends Deep Combo Pack
7 thoughts on “CASE the Catalog June 2022 Pals Blog Hop”
Love your girl power cards!
Great fun to see how you put your own stamp on our CASE hop Pal!
I like the brick embossing folder behind the image and love the heart!
Great modifications. Love how you made it your own with the vibrant color selection.
These are great! Love the colors you chose too.
Great cards Amanda! That yellow brick background really makes the girls stand out in a really beautiful way. Very nice!!
Ah! Great card, and I love your take on it. The embossing folder, and coloring, everything!