Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is Fabulous Flowers. We really hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
So, you might be wondering, where are the flowers? Can I get away with saying they were washed away by the ocean waves in Stampin’ Up’s beautiful collection, “Waves of the Ocean”? Maybe that April Showers bring May Flowers so there were no flowers yet?
I didn’t think so.
Here’s the truth. I mixed up the theme for this month and rewound to February’s theme of “Birthday Projects”. After all, it’s a great theme and I was so excited to use the “Waves of the Ocean” collection that I forgot our theme. I hope you will forgive me and enjoy these waves instead of flowers. And I promise to get a good night’s sleep and make a card with flowers.
In case you are curious about the card I made, as I mentioned, I wanted to use products from the “Waves of the Ocean” collection before some of them disappeared from the catalog on May 2. I started with a 4 1/4″ x 11″ card base of Pacific Point. Occasionally I like this orientation for display purposes. You are less likely to see what is inside the card. I adhered a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Waves of the Ocean Designer Series Paper to the card base. I then die cut the two waves from the Waves Dies – one Night of Navy and one Pacific Point. Since I forgot to use the adhesive sheet before cutting, I adhered the wave pieces with the Fine Tip Glue Pen. I stamped the sentiment from Waves of Inspiration stamp set with Pacific Point ink on Basic White cardstock and cut it out with one of the dies from the Waves Dies. I “borrowed” the 1/8″ Cotton Ribbon from the “New Horizons” Suite to thread through the ends of the die cut. The ribbon is a combo pack and includes Misty Moonlight and Petal Pink. I used Dimensionals to pop up the sentiment. Although I normally am not much for bling, I added some of the Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels for, well, bling!
I hope you like the card even if I forgot the flowers. I always like to hear your thoughts and opinions. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on May 11th. Our theme will be New 2022-2024 In Colors, with the Pals showcasing the brand new In Colors in the new Annual Catalog.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda <—– YOU ARE HERE!!!
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Rae Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Waves of Inspiration Bundle (stamp set and dies) #158841
- Waves of the Ocean 12″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper #159982
- Pacific Point 8 1/2″ x 11 cardstock #111350
- Nigh of Navy 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock #100867
- Basic White 8 1/2″ x 11 cardstock #159276
- Pacific Point Classic Stampin’ Pad #147098
- 1/8″ Cotton Ribbon Combo Pack #158140
- Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels #159396 (currently not available)