Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is Birthday Bash. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, we would appreciate your comments because we enjoy hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My husband loves Classic Rock and vinyl records. He also has a birthday coming up in March. So, when I saw this stamp set in the January to June 2022 Mini Catalog, I had to get it. My first instinct, of course, was to make a card. But what color? As I looked around my craft room, my eyes spotted some green gift bags. Perfect, I thought. My husband’s favorite color is green. (I think?) What if I stamped the image of the record all over the bag? Because the bag had a shine to it, I stamped the image using StazOn Black Ink. While the color was not an exact match, I decided to go with Granny Apple Green for the card. I stamped the lines image along the edge of a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Very Vanilla in Granny Apple Green. Next, I stamped the record image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored in the heart with Dark Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blend. I then stamped the sentiment with the Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on a strip of Granny Apple Green and trimmed the ends with the Banners Pick a Punch. I popped up the sentiment with mini dimensionals and added a couple of rhinestones. I stared at the card for a moment and thought, “Ummm, there is too much blank space, even if a minimalist guy like my husband.” So, what’s a stamper to do? Stamp more! I stamped the same sentiment along the right side of the card, this time with Granny Apple Green. Then I decided to add some Clear Wink of Stella to the record to recreate the shine on a real vinyl record.
It was fun creating these items out of just a few products which I listed below. I would love to know what you think so please leave a comment.
Oh, and after I made this card and wrote the blog post, I asked my husband of almost 15 years about his favorite color. His answer? Blue!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on March 9th. Our theme will be Cute Critters where our Design Team creates a project with any kind of animals, birds, butterflies or insects.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- For The Record stamp set #158066
- Granny Apple Green cardstock #146990
- Very Vanilla cardstock #101650
- Granny Apple Green Classic Stampin’ Pad #147095
- Memento Ink Tuxedo Black Pad #132708
- StazOn Jet Black pad #101406
- Clear Wink of Stella#141897
- Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends #154885
- Banners Pick A Punch #153608
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels #144220