Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop in 2022! This month, the theme is Sale-A-Bration. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I love it when a Designer Series Paper can do all the work. That is the case with the Daffodil Afternoon 12″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper, available during Sale-a-bration. The first page I selected is perfect for creating card fronts by cutting 4″ x 5 1/4″ pieces. You can get six card fronts from one piece. This will leave you with a 1 1/2″ strip from the middle or 2 – 3/4″ strips from each end, depending on how much blank space you want at the top of the card front. I chose not to have much blank space and instead let the image fill the card front. All I had to do was stamp a sentiment on Very Vanilla and punch it out with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. I added a 2021-2023 In Color Jewel and mounted it on a Crushed Curry card base. Voila! The card is done.
I realized that I couldn’t stop there. The patterns on this paper were so fun and varied. Besides, I had a strip of 1 1/2″ DSP left over that was just begging to be used. I cut it into 4″ pieces and then chose two more pages to also cut in 1 1/2″ x 4″ strips. I mounted the three strips on a Mossy Meadow card base. I then stamped a sentiment from Shaded Summer stamp set in Mossy Meadow ink on a piece of Very Vanilla and punched it out with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. I added an In Color Jewel and some Very Vanilla twine and Voila! – the card was done.
Two simple cards done, I decided to make one more. I still wanted to keep the focus on the paper, so I chose one more pattern to use with two from the previous card. I mounted them on a piece of Pear Pizzazz which I then mounted on a Mossy Meadow card base. I used the same sentiment and punch as well as one In Color Jewel. Like I said before, I love when the DSP does all the work!
It was fun creating these three cards out of just a few products which I listed below. I would love to know what you think so please leave a comment.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on February 9th. Our theme will be Birthday Bash when our team creates birthday projects to celebrate our family and friends.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
January 4 – February 28! Earn FREE Sale-A-Bration gifts at the $50 and $100 levels (total before shipping and tax). No limit to how many gifts you can earn based on increments of $50 or $100.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, INK
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Daffodil Afternoon 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper #158127
- Mossy Meadow Cardstock #133676
- Very Vanilla Cardstock #101650
- Pear Pizzazz Cardstock #131201
- Shaded Summer stamp set #155783
- Lovely Labels Pick a Punch #152883
- 2021 – 2023 In Color Jewels #155571
- Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin’ Pad #147111
- Baker’s Twine Essentials Pack #155475
10 thoughts on “January Pals Blog Hop”
Great ideas for this, or any, of the papers. Love each layout!
Amanda, great showing of the daffodil paper! Love the layouts!
Great cards, Amanda!
Your pretty cards really showcase this beautiful paper! 🙂
A wonderful way to show off the DSP!
Love seeing how you put your own stamp on the Daffodil DSP Amanda!
Great set of cards Amanda! Love how you highlighted several sheets of that beautiful DSP!
What great cards, Amanda! This DSP is my favorite. Love your layouts to show it off! Thank you for being part of the blog hop this month.
Amanda,, these are lovely cards and a beautiful display of the Designer Series Paper.
Love all these designs using this great DSP!!