Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is “Fantastic Fun Folds and 3D projects.” We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I love Fun Folds! As much as I love simple cards, fun folds trigger my love for origami. I also love the challenge of putting them together. The problem is, I can’t create an original one. For that reason, I practice a tried and true papercrafting practice – CASE! CASE stands for Copy and Share Everything (or Everyone) and is part of the fun of papercrafting. It allows us to be creative and not get stopped when we can’t think of what to do. Seeing other people’s creations gives us ideas and allows us to create. So, I hope viewing my blog or someone else’s gets your creative juices flowing. Now, how about we look at my fun fold for this blog hop?
For this project I created a Pop Up Step Front Panel Card. While I saw multiple versions that I loved, I used instructions from Teresa Milke Steinman at Stamping with Teresa. You can find her version here. I made a few changes so it would be a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ card to mail. I picked this card design because I wanted to create a card that could double as Halloween decoration for my daughter. She is living on her own and still looking for items to decorate her apartment. I chose the Cute Halloween DSP because I love the colors and the patterns. It is a great combination of Halloween and all-purpose patterns. The stripes and dots make a great background paper. Plus there are cute images to punch out with the Halloween Punch. While this DSP has traditional Halloween colors like Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie and Basic White, it also has a few “out there” colors like Old Olive, Highland Heather, and Flirty Flamingo. This last color was what I chose for my cardstock and ink, a real stretch for me. Halloween and Pink? I really had to convince myself that it was okay. Finally, I chose the “Hey, Boo!” from the Cutest Halloween stamp set. I love how it sounds and it fits my daughter. Plus it seemed like a great choice for a card that will double as a decor piece.
As I mentioned, I changed the dimensions to create a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Here are the card pieces I used:
- Basic White: 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored on long side at 1/2″, 1 3/4″, 4 1/4″ and 5 1/2″; 5 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ scored on long side at 1/2″ and 1 3/4″; 1 1/2″ x 1/2″ strip for sentiment
- Flirty Flamingo: 4″ x 5 1/4″, 2 1/2″ x 4 1/2″, 4″ x 2 1/4″, 4″ x 1″, and 2 1/2″ x 1″
- DSP: 3 3/4″ x 5″, 2 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, 3 3/4″ x 2″, 3 3/4″ x 3/4″, 2 1/4″ x 3/4″(this is the black on the top of the box), 2″ x 1/2″ and 1 3/4″ x 3″ (this is under the sentiment)
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on November 10th. Our theme will be “Home for the Holidays” when our Design Team creates a project to celebrate the upcoming holidays. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Michelle Quinno at Shell Stamps
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Diana Carr at Secret Life of Paper
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda <—- YOU ARE HERE!!!!
- Cutest Halloween stamp set #156480
- Halloween Punch #156482
- Cute Halloween 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper #156479
- Basic While cardstock #159276
- Flirty Flamingo cardstock #141416
- Flirty Flamingo Classic Stampin’ Pad #147052