Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is “Sentiment as a focal point.” We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Stampin’ Up produces so many beautiful images, it is hard to imagine not using any on a card. The truth is, Stampin’ Up also creates just as many beautiful sentiments. The fonts are varied and stunning. As I mentioned in a previous post, when I saw the “In Your Words” stamp set, I fell in love. While initially I had to have this host set from Sale-a-bration because of one sentiment, the more I look at the set, more sentiments catch my eye. Recently my daughter called after a tough week at work. After the call, I looked at this set to work on a different card, but the sentiment “Life is full of ups & downs / hold on tight” jumped out at me. I knew I had to make her card with this sentiment. No need for lots of images of embellishments, I wanted the sentiment to do its thing. I did decide to use a simple piece from the Cute Halloween 6×6 DSP. I cut a 4 x 5 1/4″ piece and attached it to a Highland Heather card base (5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″). I stamped the sentiment in Highland Heather on a piece of Basic White and trimmed the ends with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. I attached the sentiment with dimensionals and Voila! A simple card focused on the sentiment.
I looked at the leftover pieces of the 6×6 DSP and just had to make one more card. I did step this one up a little more, but still no stamped images. I used the Painted Textures 3D embossing folder on a piece of 4″ x 5 1/4″ Basic White and attached it to the Highland Healther card base. I then cut the leftover strip of DSP and ended up with two pieces – 2″ x 2″ and 2″ x 4″. I flipped the 2″ square over to the black and white side and attached both pieces to the embossed piece. Once again I stamped the same sentiment with Highland Heather on Basic White and trimmed the ends with the other option on the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. I would love to know if you think the focus is still on the sentiment on this stepped up card.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on October 13th. Our theme will be Fantastic Fun Folds and 3D Projects when participants showcase fun fold cards or 3D items that will be great for any occasion. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda –> YOU ARE HERE!!!!
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Renae Novak at Blessed By Cards
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Kim Webb at Just Paper, LLC
- In Your Words stamp set #156619
- Highland Heather cardstock #146986
- Basic White cardstock #159276
- Cute Halloween 6×6 Designer Series Paper #156479
- Highland Heather Classic Stampin’ Pad #147103
- Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder #154317
- Lovely Labels Pick a Punch #152883